
We had the sister missionaries over for dinner on Sunday. Before they arrived I gave the boys the usual rundown about table manners, not every body needs to know if you like the food or not, please, thankyou, stay in your chair, the ususal. Apparently I missed a couple because not 5 minutes in to the meal, J produces a burp loud enough and long enough that he decides he can say words while doing it. He does however semi redeem himself by saying excuse me immediatly upon completion. We finish the rest of our dinner in reletive peace and conversation. Just as I am bringing dessert to the table I see N winding up to throw his toys airplane right at one of the sisters head. She ducked just in time, the plane passed her, and N was made to apologise. After the missionaries left, I asked N why he did that.
N: I wasnt trying to hit her, I just wanted to see if I could get the plane to swerve around her head.
Me: Oh! (I dont get it.)
Sounds like they both have Cameron as a dad!
ReplyDeleteJacob must have learned the burp from grandpa - I have never been able to learn that talent. (Court is one to talk!)
ReplyDeleteAs for the plane, I fully understand Nathan's intent, yet I believe some warning to the Sister was probably in order.
It's a relief to know that other kids know how to find the loophole in parental instructions!
ReplyDeleteI see a future in aeronautical engineering for this one. For the other one, call me when he can burp the entire alphabet. I am sure it will not be long now.
ReplyDeleteI would say that went relatively well.
ReplyDeleteLove that story...cute pics all around!
ReplyDelete