Monday, November 23, 2009

Primary Program

Our Primary Program was a couple of weeks ago and everthing was ready to go. N and J had memorized their parts and were really excited to sing a duet together of I Am A Builder. I thought I had gotten lucky Sunday morning when everyone was still asleep at 8am. I woke and dressed J and T but N would not wake up and when he did was screaming that his head hurt and wanted to go back to sleep. I texted C who left in the middle of his meeting, came home and stayed with N so I could put on the show because after all the show must go on. On the way to church I asked J what he wanted he wanted to do about the song and told he could sing with anyone else he wanted even me. But he only wanted to sing it with N. . . . but I guess I will have to do it myself. With my jaw dropping to the floor I told him that if he would sing it by himself I would take hime to Target and he could pick a reward! This went over well. Not only did he say his part slowly and loudly but he marched right over for his solo and sung it with a smile on his face. It was very much a proud mother moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment